Turmec appoints new CEO
Turmec, the global leader in recycling solutions (www.turmec.ie), is delighted to announce the appointment of Geoff Bailey as its new CEO, effective immediately.
Exporting globally from its headquarters in the Irish-speaking Gaeltacht area of County Meath, Turmec specialises in the end-to-end design and build of complex waste separation and processing systems which are critical to large, efficient waste processing and recycling operations. The business is a market leader in Ireland, the UK and Australia and is growing its position in other new export markets.
Geoff joins Turmec following a 20-year career in the recycling and waste services industry in Ireland and the United Kingdom, working initially at Greenstar (the Irish waste management business) and latterly at Impact Recycling (a technology company involved in developing specialist techniques for difficult-to-separate plastics).
Commenting, Niall Fay, Chairman of Turmec, said:
“Geoff’s leadership credentials and impressive track record are ideally suited to guide Turmec on the strong growth trajectory we are on. Under Geoff’s guidance, we look forward to growing Turmec’s position as a world leader in innovative recycling solutions and supporting our increasing customer base in key markets across the globe.”
- Commenting, new Turmec CEO Geoff Bailey, added:
"I am really excited about the opportunity to work with a team with such deep waste-sector expertise and engineering capability to lead the business through the next stages of its development. With an existing customer base in a number of significant global markets, and the continuing focus of public policy on zero landfill, circular economies and climate action, Turmec is well placed to make a real difference for our customers and the innovative solutions that they need in managing waste."
Geoff takes over as Turmec CEO from Brian Thornton who made an important contribution to progressing Turmec’s business in recent years.
“A world without landfill” - Turmec’s mission statement - defines the company’s operations and the waste processing plants it has designed and built which have to date diverted over 45 million tonnes of waste from landfill. From its headquarters in County Meath, Ireland, Turmec is leading the way globally in the push for more circular, sustainable economies and the complete diversion of waste from landfills.
Irish-based private equity firm, Causeway Capital, invested in Turmec in 2018 through its backing of a management buyout (MBO) in the company.
- About Turmec Teoranta - Established in 1972, Turmec is an Irish headquartered expert in the design, manufacture, installation and servicing of waste processing and recycling equipment. Turmec serves leading international waste management companies including Biffa, Suez and Powerday, across the UK, Ireland and Australia. The business employs 90 people at its headquarters in the Irish-speaking Gaeltacht area of Co. Meath at Athboy in Ireland, operating from a 66,000 sq ft manufacturing facility and exporting and shipping globally.
- To learn more, go to turmec.com
- About Causeway Capital Partners – Established in 2016, Causeway Capital Partners is an Irish-based private equity fund investing between €5m and €10m in established Irish and UK SMEs. With offices in Dublin and London, Causeway Capital manages funds on behalf of European pension funds and financial institutions, including the Irish Strategic Investment Fund (ISIF), AIB Bank and the European Investment Fund (EIF). Causeway Capital Partners invested in Turmec in 2018.
- To learn more, go to causewaycapital.eu
- Turmec, the global leader in recycling solutions (www.turmec.ie), is delighted to announce the appointment of Geoff Bailey as its new CEO, effective immediately.
- For media queries, please contact:
Cunningham Devlin PR and Communications